2024 Day 288

 2024 Dedh Dew Cans Pajar Ügens hag Eth







De Lün, pajardegves mis Hedra 

Monday, 14th October 




Ma gwredhen dhe bub verb. Hedna ell bos ûsys avel gòrebma rag üdn person (po kei). My a lavar "Sedh!" ha my a wel an kei sevel emann! Ma othom dhe nei a wil traynyans moy. Nag ew da ganjo sedha. My ell leverel "Cav!" ha "Kergh!" po "Ke dhe gerhes!" gen sowena moy. My a lavar "Cân!" e'n mettin ha my a glow edhen ow cana. Hei a gan war neb coor, heb ger veth dhortam. My alja leverel "Taw tavas!" heb sowena.

Every verb has a root. That can be used as a command for one person (or dog). I say "Sit!" and I see the dog get up! We need to do more training. He doesn't like sitting. I can say "Find!" and "Fetch!" or "Go, fetch!" with more success. I say "Sing!" in the morning and I hear a bird sing. It sings anyway, without a single word from me. I could say "Hush!" without success.


Deg ger rag hedhyw Ten words for today 

cân (imp.) sing> cana to sing, singing

cav (imp.) find > cavas to find, finding

gòrebma ~ gòrebmyn (m) command, instruction, order

gwredhen (f) root 

kergh (imp.) fetch > kerhes to fetch, fetching

sedh (imp.) sit > sedha to sit, settle, sitting, settling

sowena ~ soweneth (f) success

taw tavas (imp.) hush, hold your tongue, be quiet, etc.

traynyans (m) training < traynya to train

war neb coor anyway

These are examples of the present-future tense used for habitual actions as well as future actions (notice soft mutation after verbal particle):

hei a gan she/it sings < cana to sing (c>g)

my a glow I hear < clowes to hear (c>g)

my a lavar I say < leverel to say

my a wel I see < gweles to see (gw>w)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 Day 97

2024 Day 188

2024 Day 107